If you are having issues with Wi-Fi Connectivity on your Xfinity Gateway, then most of the common Wi-Fi Connectivity problems can be solved by a simple reboot. Unlike other routes, Xfinity Gateway requires a bit more time and takes about 10 minutes to reboot. During this reboot process, you won’t lose any of the home or Wi-Fi Settings.
Keep in mind that during the reboot process, you won’t be able to use your home network, Xfinity Voice to make or receive any calls including 911 calls from your home phone, Xfinity Home and will not have access to cameras and any connected home automation devices although Security sensors will not be affected and will keep working.
There are several ways of rebooting your Xfinity Gateway, some of these are mentioned below:
Restarting Your Gateway via the Xfinity My Account App
- Download and open the Xfinity My Account app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Once the app is opened, scroll down and tap on the Internet tile.
- Select your modem from the list.
- Now, tap on Restart this device. (The reboot process can take up to seven minutes)
Restarting Your Xfinity Gateway via My Account Online
- Head over to http://www.xfinity.com/myaccount.
- Login in to your account using your Xfinity username and password.
- Scroll down and click on the Manage Internet button.
- Click on Restart Modem.
- Now, click on Start Troubleshooting to begin the reboot process. (The reboot process can take up to seven minutes and the internet will be down during the process)
- Unplug the power cable from your Xfinity Gateway.
- Wait a minute or two before plugging in.
- Plug the power cable back in again.
Restarting from the Admin Panel
- Connect to the network of your Xfinity Gateway from your PC.
- Open a web browser and head over to http://10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.1,
- A login page will appear asking you to enter the login username and password. The default username is admin and password is password.
- Go to Troubleshooting > Reset/Restore Gateway.
- You can then choose to Reset your gateway or Factory Restore it.