192.168.1.1 belongs to the Class C of private IP Address and is set as the default IP Address by the manufacturing companies to access the Admin Panel and settings of the router. This IP Address can be used to login into the Admin Panel and configure different settings of the router, as well as change the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) and Password.
How to login to 192.168.1.1?
To login into the Admin Panel of the router through 192.168.1.1, you need to make sure that it is the default IP Address of your router. If 192.168.1.1 is not the default IP Address then you won’t be able to log in to the Admin Panel through 192.168.1.1. Therefore, make sure that it is the IP Address of your router and connect to the router’s network. Once you’re connected, you can follow this guide to login to 192.168.1.1.
- Open your web browser.
- Type http://192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and press Enter.
- A login window will be displayed asking you to enter the login username and password. Enter the default login username and password and click on Log In. (You can find the default username and password either on the box of the router or on the Internet.
- You will be now logged in into the Admin Panel of your Router.
- You can configure different settings of the router including LAN, WAN, Wireless, Security, etc.
While configuring the settings of your Router, if you messed up and are unable to access the Internet or any other issue then you can easily resolve this issue by performing a factory reset on your router. This will also help you if you forgot the login username/password. To perform a factory reset;
- Find the hidden RESET button at the back of the router.
- Take a small, sharp object such as a paperclip or a needle and press and hold that RESET button for 10-15 seconds.
- The router will reboot and after it establishes the connection, everything will be reset to the factory settings.