Changing the name of the Wi-Fi Network (SSID) is an easy thing, but most of the people don’t know how to change the Wi-Fi Network Name because it can be done through the Admin Panel only and most of the people don’t have much information about what Admin Panel is or how it works, therefore, they don’t know how to change the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID). Changing the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) is an easy thing and takes just a few minutes.
How To Change WiFi Network Name (SSID)? (Xfinity Gateway)
If you are looking to learn the method of how to change the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) then you can easily learn how to change the name of your Wi-Fi Network (SSID) by following these steps:
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network from your PC or Mobile Device.
- Open a web browser and type http://10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.1 and press Enter.
- A login page will appear. You will be asked to enter the login username and password. The default username is admin and password is password. (Login username and password isn’t the same as your Wi-Fi Name and Password)
- Click on Login.
- Now, go to Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi.
- Under the Private Wi-Fi Network section, you’ll see the Name (SSID) of your Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the Edit button next to the name of your network.
- If you see two network names (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) then click on Edit next to each and set the same name for each of them.
- Click on Save Settings.
- You can now connect to the new network from your devices.