If you suspect that someone has got the password of your Wi-Fi Network or you believe that someone has shared your Wi-Fi password with someone else then it is best that you change your Wi-Fi Password to protect your Wi-Fi network from any unwanted connections or data thefts. Once you change your Wi-Fi Password, no one other than you will be able to connect to your Wi-Fi Network and your Wi-Fi Network will remain secure.
If you don’t change the password of your Wi-Fi Network and leave it unprotected then other people will be able to use your internet connection and also able to access files on your computers, and even find out sensitive information like passwords and credit card numbers. Therefore, you should change your Wi-Fi Password and set it to a strong combination of alphabets, digits, and special characters.
How to change the Wi-Fi Network Password?
To change the password of your Wi-Fi network, follow this step-by-step guide given below.
- Make sure that you are connected to your Wi-Fi Network. Once you are connected, open a web browser.
- In the URL bar, type http://10.0.0.1 or 10.0.0.1.
- A login window will appear. You will be asked to enter the login username and password to access the Admin Panel of the router.
- Enter the login username and password. (Default username is admin and the default password is password)
- You will be now logged in into the Admin Panel of the router.
- From the left menu, go to Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi.
- Under the Private Wi-Fi Network section, you will see the name of your Wi-Fi Network.
- Click on the Edit button next to the same of your Wi-Fi Network.
- If you wanna see the current password of your Wi-Fi Network then click on Show Network Password.
- To set a new password, type the new password in the Network Password field.
- Click on Save Settings to confirm the change.